Now this was finished I water-cleaned the wooden tiles (it was a nice warm day so it was a good opportunity to the get the garden hose out of the shed!) and placed them. Like so:
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Now my back would like some rest
The paving of the terrace at the back of our house was very much in need of 'straightening out'. It has been lying there for over 15 years without much overhauls. Last year (actually a year and a half ago) we removed the small shed ajacent to the kitchen to make place for new window-frames all around our house (and sliding doors from our livingroom to the terrace). I never did a proper job of the paving near the backdoor and the rest (as I said before) was in need of a big overhaul. So, up and down with the 40x60 cm stones I go. But in the end, it's the result that counts:
Notice the nice brickwork on the fence at the back. No doubt this needs repair more sooner than later! How about a view from the other side I hear you say:
Notice how nice the parasol-foot is embedded in the paving :-) (click on the pictures to see a bigger size).
Now this was finished I water-cleaned the wooden tiles (it was a nice warm day so it was a good opportunity to the get the garden hose out of the shed!) and placed them. Like so:
And finally, a view to the back of the garden to show the disappeared path on the right (obviously you can't see it because it is removed) and the 'new' playfully placed stepping-stone-path. I filled up the old path with the pieces of grass that made way for the stepping stones and some pieces of border that had to be cut anyway.
Now this was finished I water-cleaned the wooden tiles (it was a nice warm day so it was a good opportunity to the get the garden hose out of the shed!) and placed them. Like so:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very interesting... I like the look of the wooden tiles. I might do this for part of the patio, and make a sort of raised deck-like area off to one side. Thanks!
Post a Comment