Good, small image (50MB). So I fired up the laptop again. Had troubles booting, at first I suspected the pcmcia (so booted with 'dsl nopcmcia') which got me further but would hang eventually. So I tried to boot with 'lowram' which did the trick. As by now I suspected the laptop is 'old' I choose the 'Xfbdev' option for the 'X setup'. After this there are the usual questions about mouse and keyboard and then I get the message 'modprobe: Can't locate module fb0' (and the startup aborts there). It looks like the setup wants to start X but can't. Anyway, by now I changed to manual install: startup with 'failsafe' and then follow the script on the DSL wiki. This works like a charm and after this my X display WILL start.
Resolution is good, pcmcia card is detected, Firefox works: it looks like I'm in business :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment