Aaaaanyway, two weeks ago week a few cranes showed up accross the water and hoisted the REM-eiland on it's place (an iron construction that I previously had no idea what it was for) . It was famous for being a pirate tv-station (in 1964, when there was just one dutch tv channel). It only broadcasted for a few months (before the government shut it down) but has a legendary status. The building will now become a restaurant. Nice, you can eat there and look across the water and see where I work.
Friday, April 08, 2011
Island ashore
Last year the company I work for has moved from Haarlem to Amsterdam so now my workplace overlooks the IJ and I take the ferry every workday. More on that when I catch up on last year.

Aaaaanyway, two weeks ago week a few cranes showed up accross the water and hoisted the REM-eiland on it's place (an iron construction that I previously had no idea what it was for) . It was famous for being a pirate tv-station (in 1964, when there was just one dutch tv channel). It only broadcasted for a few months (before the government shut it down) but has a legendary status. The building will now become a restaurant. Nice, you can eat there and look across the water and see where I work.
Aaaaanyway, two weeks ago week a few cranes showed up accross the water and hoisted the REM-eiland on it's place (an iron construction that I previously had no idea what it was for) . It was famous for being a pirate tv-station (in 1964, when there was just one dutch tv channel). It only broadcasted for a few months (before the government shut it down) but has a legendary status. The building will now become a restaurant. Nice, you can eat there and look across the water and see where I work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment