Friday, July 03, 2009

12,5 Years

Last month (no actually almost two months ago already, time flies) I happened to be working 12,5 years at my company. Cause for celebration! Of course I bought cake for my collegues but I also got a budget from the company to go out for dinner. While I was considering the when and the where some people from my department were layed off. A big surprise as six months before our department already took a hit. With all these happpenings, I was not in the mood for festivities.

However, it was a good opportunity to see some of the old faces together one more time. So I picked restaurant De Kale Pater (The Bald Priest) and sent invitations. It was a great evening: beautiful weather (we could sit outside in the courtyard), everyone was in a good mood and the food was tasty. I even got presents! As I now have an iPod Touch my collegues surprised me with iTunes Gift Cards! Now I can legally download stuff (gasp!).


The only annoyance was that afterwards there were no more trains running from the Haarlem central station due to a malfunction somewhere. Luckily Lynn was still awake and willing to drive over and pick me up!!

Oh, and more pictures here.

No comments: