
We had to wait a long time since Hark! which was released in 2004 (it seems that'legal complications' may have held up this new album). I have the feeling this may have been a good thing because 'Smiling Wolds Apart' sounds very confident. The sound is more varied: from the 'full orchestra' opening with 'There Must Have Been A Moment', via the lovely accordion accents in 'What Am I Supposed To Do?', the surf guitar sound of 'Surfing On The Shadows' to the subtle mellotron and plucked violin sounds in the beautiful 'When Winter Comes To England'. Sitars in 'Sylvia The Psychic' and something that sounds like a lost 'I am the Walrus'-era Beatles track: 'Just As Lost As Me'.
With 19 tracks (and clocking in over an hour) it may seem to be a bit much to take in but it's a nice, varied album.
It's available at CD Baby, there's an offer with a bonus disk at Kool Kat Music. Or you can send a message through the MySpace page. Maybe there are still some free buttons left!
No comments:
Post a Comment